Let Happy Beginnings help you organise your surrogacy plans
Are you thinking of becoming a gestational surrogate? Maybe you’re looking to give the gift of life to someone you know? Perhaps you simply want to help a stranger and give them a chance to have a family?
Whatever reasons you have behind wanting to becoming a gestational surrogate, it’s important to be organised and fully aware of the potential complications that you may experience. It’s our job here at Happy Beginnings to support you on the journey to becoming a gestational surrogate, and we want to provide you with all the practical and emotional support you’ll need.
Whilst there is a long list of requirements, just some of the criteria to becoming a gestational surrogate include:
- I am 21-39 years of age.
- I am healthy & a non-smoker.
- I am height & weight proportionate.
- I am willing to participate in a medical evaluation to include physical, psychological and drug screening.
- I have given birth to at least 1 child that I have raised or I am actively raising.
- I have a good support system at home.
- I have not had any tattoos or body piercings within the past six months.
- I have not had a Norplant birth control device or taken Depo-Provera in the past 12 months.
It’s also important to note the weight guidelines are:
- Under 5’4″- 150 lbs.
- Under 5’4″ – 5’6″- 170 lbs.
- Under 5’7″ – 5’10”- 180 lbs.
- Under 5’10” – 6’0″- 190 lbs.